TECHNOLOGY THINK TANK 2.0
Collections Strategies for 2021.
Thursday 18th March 9.30am – 13.30
The second Online Collections Technology Think Tank will feature a number of discussions to understand the best possible collection strategies in 2021.
The Think Tank’s aim is to create an engaging environment with the aim of enabling all participants to learn about change within collections and the role technology and innovation has to play in an everchanging environment. The last event was attended by 250 collections professionals across four streams
What lessons can be learned from lockdown and can we really plan beyond three months?
Lenders, creditors and collections specialists will discuss, debate and dissect regulatory and thematic business challenges as a result of the pandemic which has economically impacted household finances but collections processes and strategies.
The Online Think Tank will focus on how collections teams can improve profit and loss using technology. The event will aim to arm attending companies with strategies that can be implemented in their business to enable maximum business returns.
The event will focus on panel discussions across a number of thematic collections issues with the aim of problem-solving and examining how companies can utilise people and technological innovations effectively as we move into a new way of working.
Qualifying Collections professionals include:
Banks, Building Societies, Credit Card providers, Utility companies, Mortgage and Loan companies, High-Cost short Term Lenders, Home Credit providers, Motor Finance providers, Telecoms & Media providers, Debt Purchasers, Debt Collection Agencies, Debt Advice specialists plus other collections professionals.
- 9.30am: Opening remarks from Credit Connect and Chair: Overview of the main areas in which technology can play a key role in collections efficiency as we continue to experience an unpredictable business climate.
- SPEAKERS: Colin White, Credit Connect, Founding Director and Event Chair: Vanessa Northam, Head of Strategic Relationships, StepChange
- 9.40am: Customer Engagement In a fragmented collections environment, this panel session will examine customer engagement strategies
- 10.45am: Affordability and collection payment strategies Assessing affordability. Identifying vulnerable customers using new technology
- SPEAKERS: TBC
- 11.55am: Open Banking in collections – discussion examing how open banking strategies are being implemented into collections
- SPEAKERS: TBC
12.40pm LUNCH BREAK
- 1.05pm Business Transformation. The future of collections. 2020 was the year of change for consumers, this session will discuss how business transformation can be achieved to adapt to an ever-changing environment. How are companies adapting to change and planned for the unpredictable can technology such as Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI)) Robotic process automation help collections processes
- 1.50pm: Closing remarks
2pm: Event close
Why collections specialists should register to view this ‘FREE to attend’ event:
- Educational: Learn from peers and sharing of ideas and take away key industry opinions and learn about new technology
- Benchmarking: This is a great opportunity for attending companies to evaluate collections strategy and review comparison to their peers
- Unique format: our unique format enables participants to network extensively, discuss, debate and dissect topical issues
- Discover something new: experience new technologies, innovations, and services that are available to help to transform your collections plans, increase productivity and make better decisions
- Join the community: expand their network in a new and engaging environment
REGISTER TO ATTEND:
Call 01622 437014 or email email@example.com to register your space. Limited attendance
- Vanessa Northam, Head of Strategic Relationships, StepChange
- Gary Moffatt, Customer Debt Operations Manager, Centrica
- Owen Edwards, Lender and Collections Lead, JN Bank
- PLUS MORE TO BE CONFIRMED SOON…
Partners and sponsors:
Aspect Software flexible, highly scalable solutions for self-service and live interaction management and workforce optimisation are available on-premises or in any hosted, private or public cloud environment. For more information, visit:
Call 01622 437014 for details on sponsorship opportunities at the next event or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPEAKER OPPORTUNITIES: If you would be interested in joining an event panel please call 01622 437014 or email: email@example.com
What the attendees said:
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the Open Banking discussion, it was great content. Congratulations on a great event!” – Collections specialist United Utilities
“I really enjoyed Credit Connect’s Think Tank, great panelists and good insight into collections technology.” -Associate Director at Compliance Consultancy