The inaugural Consumer Collections Technology Think Tank will take place in Leeds on Thursday 11th June 2020
Credit Connect’s Consumer Collections Technology Think Tank 2020 is a new, innovative and unique event in the collections industry calendar. The event seeks to create an engaging environment with the aim of enabling all participants to learn about forthcoming technological innovations.
Lenders, creditors and collections specialists will discuss, debate and dissect regulatory and thematic business challenges whilst discussing the benefits of technological innovation.
The inaugural Think Tank will focus on how collections teams can improve profit and loss using technology. The event will aim to arm attending companies with strategies which can be implemented into their business.
The Think Tank is slightly different from the traditional conference set-up with the event focused upon a series of panel session discussions with no sales pitch case study presentations. The event will also not include economic updates or political debates.
The event will focus upon panel discussions across a number of thematic collections issues with the aim of problem solving and examining how companies can utilise people and technological innovations effectively.
All discussions are confidential and none of the participants’ comments are attributed, this allows attendees to talk freely and have frank, open discussions.
In addition to the think tank agenda, during the breaks, a small part programme will be used to showcase collections technology demonstrations.
As part of the event planning for the Think Tank, the Credit Connect team has surveyed a number of key industry professionals to get an understanding of key topics and themes within collections. The resulting research has created event topics. Industry thought leaders have been invited to attend the event with the option to become a panel speaker.
Qualifying Collections professionals include:
Banks, Building Societies, Credit Card providers, Utility companies, Mortgage and Loan companies, High Cost short Term Lenders, Home Credit providers, Motor Finance providers, Telecoms & Media providers, Debt Purchasers, Debt Collection Agencies, Debt Advice specialists plus other collections professionals.
- 8.30 Registration opens, coffee, networking
- 9.30 Opening remarks from the Chair. Overview of the main areas in which technology can play a key role in collections efficiency. Chair: Steve Preston
- 9.45 Collections Futures: The current collections technology landscape, how the wider society is impacting collections. What’s on the horizon and shaping the future of collections – Panel includes: Owen Edwards (JN Bank), TBC (Intrum),
- 10.25 Customer Engagement in the digital generation: How can companies maintain values using technology and not lose the human touch. Panel includes: Neil Costello (Lowell), Mark Porter (MotoNovo),
- 11.05 Morning Break: coffee, refreshments, networking
- 11.25 Data and analytics: Assessing risk and managing outcomes. Panel Includes: Eleanor Demuth, (Head of Model and Credit Risk governance), John Storrie (Arvato Financial Solutions),
- 12.05 Pay Technology: Strong Customer Authentication: Evolution and revolution of payments, will new technology enhance collections?
- 12.45 Lunch: Dinner, networking
- 13.45 Affordability: Assessing affordability the role open banking could play? Panel Includes: Rachel Duffey (PayPlan), Norman Lockie (Southwark Council),
- 14.25 Compliance and Legal case management. Regulation Technology: What are the regulatory and security challenges to innovation?
- 15.05 Vulnerable customers: Identifying vulnerable customers, does technology have a role to play? Panel includes: Dave Perkins (Sonex Financial),
- 15.45 Chair closing remarks and question time
- 16.15 Event close
Why collections specialists should attend:
- Educational: Learn from peers and sharing of ideas and take away key industry opinions and learn about new technology
- Benchmarking: This is a great opportunity for attending companies to evaluate collections strategy and review comparison to their peers
- Unique format: our unique format enables participants to network extensively, discuss, debate and dissect topical issues
- Discover something new: experience new technologies, innovations, and services that are available to help to transform your collections plans, increase productivity and make better decisions
- Join the community: expand their network in a new and engaging environment
- Collections professionals rate £299+VAT* – Discounts available for multiple bookings, special rates available on request.
- Supplier rate £799+VAT**
Call 01622 437014 to request a booking form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further speakers will be revealed and confirmed soon.
About the Speakers
Chair: Steve Preston Elanev, Founder
Steven Preston has experience in working in the collections and recoveries industries, having worked in the industry, consulted as a data vendor and being an advisor to the industry. Preston is Co-Owner of Elanev an automating real-time cloud-based scoring to the ARM / financial industries. He was Awarded in the top 200 most influential collections professionals in the US Collections Technology Advisor magazine. Preston is also the Credit Services Association (CSA) technical advisor on technology, analytics and change.
Eleanor Demuth, Head of Model and Credit Risk Governance
Eleanor Demuth is currently Head of Model and Credit Risk Governance at Metro Bank. She has previously worked for Deloitte, NewDay, and Cabot Financial. Demuth specialises in Credit Risk but enjoys all aspects of mathematical modelling and associated disciplines. She is also an authority on neurodiversity in the workplace.
Neil Costello is Lowell’s UK Marketing Director. Costello is a Financial services marketing leader from FTSE25 to start-up. Awarded Marketing Academy’s inaugural scholarship for the 20 fastest rising UK marketing leaders, client & agency-side.
Dave Perkins, Sonex Financial, CEO & Co-Founder
Dave Perkins has over 30 years’ experience in the Financial Services sector and has previously worked with the Lombard Group, First National, GE Capital, Link Financial, ECL and Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions.
Sonex Financial specialise in providing vulnerable customer management services to the Utilities, Telecoms and Financial Services sectors. Dave is determined that Sonex lead the way in the management of vulnerable customers and deliver a service that enables clients make the cultural shift necessary to deliver an exceptional service. He believes that the effective use of technology and data can be a catalyst for rapid change, but also believes that the best results cannot be delivered without targeted personalisation.
Rachel Duffey, PayPlan, Chief Executive Officer
Rachel Duffey began her profession in the family business in 2000 as a newly-graduated Law student from the University of Leicester. Starting in the Helpline team, in the heart of the operation, Duffey gained first-hand knowledge of the clients that PayPlan helps with free debt advice. With experience under her belt, Duffey went on to lead the department as Head of Advice and Support, where she gained invaluable insight into the world of debt management.
In 2007, Duffey sought a new challenge as PayPlan’s Partnerships Director. While excelling in her new role, Duffey enhanced her skillset even further by completing her Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Nottingham University Business School in 2008.
After a further six years as Partnerships Director, Duffey was appointed into her current role as PayPlan’s CEO in 2014. Duffey now uses her wealth of knowledge and expertise to cement PayPlan’s position as one of the UK’s leading free debt advice providers.
John Storrie, Arvato Financial Solutions, Director of Strategy and Transformation
John Storrie is Arvato’s Transformation and Strategy Director, responsible for developing market leading technical innovations, driving continuous improvement via digital transformation and the proactive challenges of existing processes and technical infrastructure. He is the inventor of Arvato’s interactive messaging solution, RISE.
John is an original BCW member of the team and has been with the Company for 15 years, during which time he has also been responsible for the Operational delivery of the Call Centre and Field Services teams.
Norman Lockie , Southwark Council, Head of Income Operations
Norman Lockie has worked as the Head of Income Operations since 2016, having previously worked with the council from 2010 where he supported the programme to transition the revenues and benefits services back in house. In his current role with the council, he has operational responsibility for council tax, business rates, housing rents, Business Improvement Districts, sundry debt and Housing Benefit overpayment collection and enforcement.
Norman has over 25 years experience in income collection having started his career in local government at East Hampshire District Council in 1989. During his career he has held various roles within income collection both in the private and public sector and worked for a number of years as a consultant helping clients to improve services and increase collection.
Partners and sponsors:
Intrum is the industry-leading provider of ethical Credit Management Services including debt purchase and white label early arrears servicing.
Increase your profit and reduce your costs and risks with elanev’s simple to implement products. No personal customer data required. Our products suite includes outbound contact optimisation, financial vulnerability screening, propensity scoring, daily decision, predictive MI, debt pricing and risk modelling.
Details of more sponsors will follow soon
Call 01622 437014 for details on sponsorship opportunities at the next event or email: email@example.com
Venue address and directions:
4 Trevelyan Square, Boar Ln, Leeds LS1 6ET
The Leeds Marriott Hotel is a modern, elegant four-star hotel in Leeds city centre.
Location & parking: Leeds station is only a 5 minute walk from the venue. Trinity Leeds Carpark is just a 1 minute walk across the road from the venue.
Book Your Attendance:
CALL 01622 437014 or
SPEAKER OPPORTUNITIES: If you would be interested in joining an event panel please call 01622 437014 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Showcase your company:
COLLECTIONS TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATIONS: There are some limited opportunities to demonstrate collections technology at the event. If your company is interested in then please call 01622 437014 or email: email@example.com