Computershare says it has maintained its status as the best rated UK third-party mortgage servicer following the publication of a report on its operations by global agency Fitch.
In its paper, Fitch Ratings affirmed Computershare Loan Services’ UK Residential Primary and Special Servicer Ratings as ‘RPS1-’ and ‘RSS2+’ respectively.
Andrew Jones, Chief Executive Officer at Computershare Loan Services, said: “These ratings demonstrate the consistent level of excellence that everyone at Computershare Loan Services is able to provide to our clients. e have first-class systems at our disposal and a great range of talent throughout our organisation, and I’m very proud that we have again proven ourselves to be the best-rated at what we do.”
In the report, Fitch praised Computershare Loan Services’:
- Primary servicing activities as “highly automated, minimising potential user errors and maintaining operational efficiency”
- Timescales for handling customer calls and correspondence, which “compare well with the average of rated peers.”
- “Robust oversight of third-party suppliers”, which takes place “through a structured framework.”
- Timeframe for making verbal contact with borrowers, which “compares well with peers.”
- Training hours for staff members, which are “high compared with the average of rated peers.”
- “Good” risk management, and “thorough and comprehensive” internal audit reports
- “Well-documented” and regularly-reviewed policies and procedures
- Industry experience among senior managers, which is “high” compared with the average of UK-rated peers