The latest version of the Commercial Credit & Collections Conference series will take place on Thursday 17th June online.
The event has run as a face to face event in 2019 and 2020 and will be available to view online in June 2021.
The Commercial Credit & Collections Conference series focuses on the latest updates in credit management and insolvency.
The next edition of the conference will provide Credit Manager and FDs with access to credit management and insolvency-related advice. The Commercial Credit & Collections conferences are a platform to learn more about new industry services, products, the latest technology and best practice.
Attendees (Free to qualifying attendees)
- Credit Managers
- Credit Controllers
- Finance Managers
- Finance Directors (FDs)
- Chief Finance Officers (CFOs)
Agenda for the online event:
9.30 am Event opening and introduction followed by
9.40 am – Post pandemic trade credit 2020 was a year of disruption, uncertainty, and hardship. Our panel of experts looks at how the trade credit industry has been shaped by the pandemic and what we can expect to see in a post-pandemic world. What are the challenges and the opportunities that exist in 2021 and beyond.
10.25 am BREAK
10.45 am – Credit Management options adapting to business change What are the options to combat late payment/bad debt a discussion around the options such as outsourcing debt, debt sale plus discussion around industry changes such as request to pay.
11.30 am BREAK
11.55 am – Insolvency: The threat of zombie companies Pandemic policy responses by the UK government and the Bank of England and the reaction from corporates have created the right conditions to breed a new generation of ‘zombie’ companies that could drag on the UK economy if left unchecked. The return of the Zombie business a subject that arose over the past decade is a worrying sign of the times. When the government unwinds its loan schemes and protections and companies must become self-sustainable again, a permanent mark will remain on the balance sheets of many SMEs – that of excessive debt.
12.40 pm LUNCH BREAK
1.05 pm – Technology and Credit Management The role new technology can play such as Open Banking, what are the customer engagement strategies and what role can it play.
2 pm (latest) EVENT CLOSE
- Brendan Clarkson, Director National Creditor Services, Begbies Traynor Group
- Ian Leslie, Head of Business Development, Aon
- Liam Bell, Director Real Estate Disputes, Memery Crystal
- PLUS MORE TO BE CONFIRMED SOON
What the previous attendees said:
- “This is the second event I have attended, if you are in collections and want to understand the hurdles we face then this is the event for you!”
- “Everything was informative.”
- “Speakers provided key information and it is a great networking group.”
- “Another interesting conference.”
- “I really enjoyed the diversity of speakers and topics.”
- “Concise, relevant, to the point.”
- “I have gained knowledge, I thoroughly enjoyed this event.”
- “The Venue was fabulous and the presentations were great.”
- 90% would recommend the event to a colleague
Partners and Sponsors:
Aon provides a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our industry data and analytics delivers insights to clients, helping reduce volatility and improve performance.
Begbies Traynor is the UK’s market leader in business rescue and recovery. Providing independent professional advice and solutions in corporate recovery and restructuring as well as corporate finance, forensic accounting, investigations and risk consulting.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange and employing more than 700 staff across a network of over 80 UK offices, we have developed a market-leading reputation for knowledgeable, compassionate and uncompromising advice
Previous Events sponsors include:
Call 01622 437014 for details on sponsorship opportunities at the next event or email: email@example.com