Home » Online Lending Technology Think Tank 3.1, Thursday 30th March 2023
Online Lending Technology Think Tank 3.1, Thursday 30th March 2023
Finding the right lending technology strategy to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
The fifth Online Lending Technology Think Tank will take place online on Thursday 30th March beginning at 9.30am and closes at 2pm.
Credit Connect’s Online Lending Technology Think Tank is a part of a unique event series in the lending industry calendar. The events seek to create an engaging environment with the aim of enabling all participants to learn about forthcoming lending technological innovations.
Lenders and creditors specialists will discuss, debate and dissect regulatory and thematic business challenges whilst discussing the benefits of technological innovation.
The fifth Think Tank will focus on how lending specialists can improve decisioning and minimise risk using technology. The event will aim to arm attending companies with strategies that can be implemented into their business.
The Think Tank is slightly different from the traditional conference set-up with the event focused upon a series of panel session discussions with no sales pitch case study presentations. The event will also not include economic updates or political debates.
The event will focus on panel discussions across a number of thematic lending issues with the aim of problem-solving and examining how companies can utilise people and technological innovations effectively.
Qualifying Lending and creditor professionals include:
Mortgage Lenders, Credit Card providers, Loan companies, High-Cost Short Term Lenders, Home Credit providers, Motor Finance providers, plus other lending professionals as well as credit professionals
· 9.30am:Opening remarks from Credit Connect and Chair. Introduction and overview of the event line-up.
· SPEAKERS: Colin White, Founding Director at Credit Connect and Event Chair: Chris Warburton, Director at ROStrategy
· 9.40am:Credit Risk and the Cost of Living Challenge:How can the risk sector address a challenging and changing economic environment? What is the best way of measuring risk and strategy? SPEAKERS: Chanuka Perera from Zilch, Louise Allemagne from Lending Standards Board, Neil Kadagathur from Creditspring and Paul Martins from Mortgage Evolution
· 10.45am: Measuring Affordability: The role data has to play. Can technology support affordability? How can lenders help with the cost of living pressures? The role of data, is it keeping pace with the demands of the fast-changing economy? Can data be harnessed and used in the right way? How can we stress-testing affordability? SPEAKERS: Andrea Cox from Experian, Nicola Matthias from Freedom Finance, Sho Sugihara from Pave/Fuse and Carla Lourenco from Salary Finance
· 11.35am BREAK
· 11.55am Regulations Impact on Lending: The impact of new lending models such as Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL). Managing compliance and ensuring best practice is followed. Is regulation stifling innovation? The impact of interest rates and inflation. What will be the impact of Consumer Duty? How technology can assist organisations to manage regulations. SPEAKERS: Jason Wassell from CCTA, Sheraz Afzal from Quint and James Ellwood from Billing Finance
12.45pm LUNCH BREAK
· 1.00pm Digital Lending Technology:What is the future for digital lending? The role of Open Banking in maintaining and managing lending decisioning. The importance of the customer journey. What does the future hold for lenders? Is there value in using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) verses traditional modeling? Open Banking and how it is influencing data and analytics credit risk decision making? Open Banking versus Open Finance. SPEAKERS: Brian Leslie from Prima Finance, Olugbenga King from BSL Financial Services and Andrew Fisher from Freedom Finance
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 20,600 people operating across 43 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people, and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. www.experianplc.com
SPEAKER OPPORTUNITIES: If you would be interested in joining an event panel please call 01622 535075 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lenders & Fintechs ranging from Banks, Credit Card companies, Mortgages companies, Alternative Lenders. Specialist creditors such as mobile companies plus many more
*The event is free to attend for qualifying lending and credit professionals. There will be a limited amount of tickets set aside for suppliers. The rate for suppliers will be £99+VAT. Qualifying creditor professional status will be confirmed by Credit Connect based upon the company sector, current company and job title status.
Please note the event attendee list is limited in numbers so book early to ensure your place.